Cupcake wedding cakes are the new trend, and it can add a conversational touch to an already enjoyable event depending on the decoration. Your guests will appreciate the originality and if the bride chooses, the various flavors to choose from. Sometimes a small 2 tier traditional cake is used for photos while the cupcakes are served to the guests. However in a true cupcake wedding cake there’s usually at least one cake tier (or a separate cake) that is used for the cutting of the cake.
Here are some benefits of having a cupcake wedding cake:
- A cupcake wedding cake is usually a cheaper option than a traditional cake. Basic cupcakes are half the cost of a Regular Wedding Cake Slice.
- Since there are so many little cakes, you can actually have a lot of different flavors!
- Because they’re individually wrapped, the reception staff doesn’t have to deal with plating up slices for each guest. Some caterers charge $1 per each slice of cake they serve.
- Each guest can pick a cupcake from the tower or “cupcake bar”. I like them to be served in a plate with a fork. For me, it’s easier to “rip” the cupcake apart!
- Cupcakes are also easier to carry home for the guest who would love a piece of cake, but would rather not eat it at the reception.
- They could also be boxed up and used as favors.
Extra decoration can sum up the cost but the final outcome is beautiful. What extras? Laser cut cupcake wrappers, colored cupcake liners and sugarpaste decoration on top.
Cupcakes can be presented in different types of ways. There are available revolving stands and custom made acrylic trees in round and squared. The stands can be decorated with some touches of fresh flowers or silk butterflies as shown above.